- 6 tablespoons Azada Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 150 grams caster sugar
- 2 large eggs at room temperature, beaten
- 350 grams all-purpose/bread mix gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (or 1 teaspoon of ground flaxseed plus 2 teaspoons water, soak for 15 minutes and you will have a great replacement)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- 200 grams sun-dried tomatoes, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 230 grams unsweetened natural yoghurt, whipped
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour
Makes: 1 loaf
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
Tomato Bread Preparation
- Preheat your oven to 180°C. Generously grease with a few drops of oil or line a standard 9 x 5-inch loaf tin and set it aside.
- Beat Azada’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, caster sugar and eggs on medium-high speed until light and fluffy in a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a large bowl with a handheld mixer.
- In a separate large bowl, place the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum (or xanthan gum replacement), baking powder, baking soda, salt and oregano, and using a spatula mix everything together thoroughly. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and add half the olive oil mixture and half the yoghurt. Mix to make a doughy-batter using a spatula. Add the remaining olive oil mixture, yoghurt and all the sun-dri ed tomatoes and continue to mix using the spatula. Mix for about 1 minute to ensure that all the ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared loaf tin, and smooth the top with a wet spatula. Place the loaf in the centre of the preheated oven and bake for about an hour until golden brown or until the blade of a knife comes out clean when inserted into the centre of the loaf. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin for 20 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Slice and serve with a generous brushing of melted butter.
- To add even more oregano to this gluten-free bread recipe, replace the organic extra virgin olive oil with our Olive Oil & Oregano.
- If you fancy a sea salt crust, sprinkle a combination of coarse sea salt and dried oregano onto the top of the batter before placing into the oven to bake.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)