Ingredients for the grilled pepper salad for 2 people:
- 2 red romano peppers and 2 green romano peppers halved or 1 red and 1 yellow pepper, quartered
- 1 small sized red onion, finely sliced
- 100 grams pecorino or asiago cheese, shaved or flakes
- 45 grams, mixed, young lettuce leaves
- 50 grams shelled walnuts
- 2 tablespoons Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Basil
- Azada’s Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon capers
- A small bunch of parsley (20 grams), leaves picked
- 10 grams fresh tarragon, roughly torn
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt for seasoning
Prepare the grilled pepper salad step by step:
- Preheat the oven at 200°C.
- Rinse the peppers, and remove any white cores.
- Toss the peppers with a trickle of olive oil and a sprinkling of salt, place the peppers cut side down in a roasting tray, and bake for a good 40 minutes, until they have completely softened with blackened, wrinkly skin.
- Once the peppers have softened, remove them from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes.
- Peel off and discard the skins and set aside.
- Drizzle a little extra olive oil and balsamic vinegar into the roasting tray, using a whisk, mix the condiments together with the mouth-watering juices from the peppers.
- Season with sea salt and set aside.
- To assemble the salad, toss the peppers, lettuce leaves, fresh herbs, capers, walnuts and red onion together in a large salad bowl. Scatter the cheese and Azada’s Olive Oil & Basil on top and trickle over the deliciousness from the red pepper dressing and serve as a healthy starter.
Tip for the salad
Finishing off this scrumptiously colourful salad with crusty bread is the only way to make the most of every last fruity note.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
500 ml (€23,90€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
A collection of our new product, scrumptious tapenade, made from black olives and basil, black olives and black garlic and black olives and chili.
225ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)
225 ml (€44,22€/ 1000ml)
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)