Ingredients for the leek and potato soup
- 3 tablespoon Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra for drizzling
- 2 large leeks, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped small
- 1 large potato, peeled and diced
- 700 ml vegetable stock
- 150 ml milk
- Salt and freshly milled black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, sliced thinly, to garnish
Leek and potato soup recipe step by step
- In a large, heavy-based saucepan, gently heat Azada’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil, then add the leeks, potatoes, garlic and a generous sprinkling of salt, stirring with a wooden spoon. Cover and let the vegetables sweat over a low heat for about 15 minutes, until translucent.
- Next, add the vegetable stock and milk, bring to a simmer, cover and gently cook for a further 25 minutes. Leave it to cool – carefully pour into a blender and blend to a purée.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and gently reheat, season to taste. Place into serving bowls and add a drizzle with Azada’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Sprinkle with black pepper and fresh chives and serve with warm, crusty bread.
New Harvest 2021
500 ml (€23,90€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
225 ml (€44,22€/ 1000ml)