Ingredients of lemon waffles for 2 people:
- 70 grams gluten-free oats
- 40 grams light muscovado sugar
- 30 grams gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 125 ml plain yoghurt (dairy-free option)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
Ingredients for the accompaniment:
- Maple syrup
- Roasted bananas, to serve (recipe in method)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Gluten-free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Dairy-free
Prepare the roasted bananas step by step:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Spray the baking tin with olive oil.
- Peel the banana and cut them in half and then slice each half lengthwise to end up with four quarters.
- Place them in the baking tin and add a little drizzle of olive oil on top and sprinkle with light muscovado sugar.
- Roast for about 20 minutes until the bananas are soft and lusciously creamy.
Prepare the lemon waffles:
- Put the oats in a food processor and blend until fine.
- Place the oats into a large bowl and combine with the gluten-free plain flour, muscovado sugar, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the yoghurt, eggs, lemon zest, Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon and vanilla together then stir into the dry ingredients.
- Cook the waffles according to waffle maker instructions. Place on a cooling rack in a warm oven until all the mixture is used.
- Serve the waffles with maple syrup, roasted bananas, and a dusting of icing sugar, if desired.
Tip for roasted bananas:
If you prefer your bananas deliciously sweet, sticky, and chewy, roast them for about 50 minutes to an hour.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)