Ingredients of pear sorbet for 4-6 people:
- 1 kg soft-ripe pears, peeled, quartered and cores removed
- 40 grams membrillo (quince paste)
- 200 grams caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- The juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 40-50 ml Grappa/Calvados, to taste
To serve the pear sorbet:
- Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Freezing time: 6 hours – overnight
Serves: 4-6 people
Gluten-free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Dairy-free
Prepare the pear sorbet step by step:
- Put the sugar and water into a non-stick saucepan on a medium-high heat.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for 3-5 minutes. Add the pears and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to cool for about 5 minutes, then add the juice and zest of the lemon.
- Pour it into a food processor, along with the membrillo and Grappa/Calvados, and process everything to a fine purée.
- Now pour the mixture through a fine sieve over a large bowl, pushing it with the back of a spoon to get as much pear pulp through as possible.
- Transfer the mixture to a lidded container and put it in the coldest part of the freezer for two hours.
- Whisk it up with a fork every 1 hour, after a couple of hours the sorbet should be ready, (it can be frozen overnight). Remove from the freezer 30-45 minutes before you want to serve it, at which time you should transfer it to the fridge to soften, the texture should be lovely and scoopable.
- Place scoops of sorbet in chilled glasses and pour over Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon.
The sorbet will keep in the freezer for a couple of days – after that it will form ice crystals.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)