- 1 punnet strawberries, gently washed
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 50 grams caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Orange
- 2 drops orange blossom essential oil
- 200 ml of freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange peel
Preparation time: 2 hours
Gluten-free | Vegetarian | Vegan | Nut-free
- Preparing the strawberries. Hull the strawberries and cut into quarters.
- Sprinkle with the caster sugar and add the balsamic vinegar and Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Orange. Stir well.
- Place in the fridge to macerate for at least 1½ hours.
- Meanwhile, to make the orange juice, mix the freshly squeezed orange juice with the orange blossom essential oil.
- Rest for an hour and then add the mixture to the marinated strawberries. Place in the fridge to chill.
- Finally, just before serving, top the strawberries with the orange peel by running a citrus zester down the length of the orange, removing the rind in long, thin strips or some pouring cream if you are feeling a little naughty.
- If you have extra orange zest, it can be frozen for up to six months. Seal in a zip lock food bag and store in the freezer.
- If you don’t have a citrus zester, carefully slide a small sharp knife between the rind and the pith to seperate. Discard the pith as it can taste quite bitter and slice the rind into long thin strips.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)