Ingredients for Sweetcorn Soup
- 2 tablespoons Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Chilli
- 2 corn cobs (approx. 200 grams)
- 2 plump shallots, finely diced
- 200 ml whole milk
- 200 ml vegetable stock
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 200 grams smoked salmon / tuna belly
- Sea salt and freshly milled black pepper
- A generous handful of fresh flat leaf parsley
Sweetcorn Soup recipe step by step
- Soften the shallots in Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Chilli over a moderate heat, in a large heavy-based saucepan. Stir regularly, to ensure the shallots do not take on any colour. Meanwhile, remove the leaves and silky fibres, and strip the kernels from the corn cobs, by holding the cob upright on a large chopping board, then slicing down with a large, sharp knife. (Discard any of the white core, as it’s tough and bitter).
- Stir the corn into the shallots and then pour in the milk and vegetable stock. Add the bay leaves and season with sea salt and freshly milled black pepper. Let it come to a boil and reduce the heat to a slow simmer, until the sweet corn is tender.
- Lower in the pieces of fish and leave to simmer for 5 minutes, while partially covered with a lid. Once warmed through, lift out the pieces of fish and keep warm.
- Remove the bay leaves and add a generous handful of flat leaf parsley to the sweet corn. Blend the sweet corn mixture to a rough purée and pour into shallow soup bowls. Place pieces of fish on top of each serving and devour immediately.
The beauty of this recipe is its simplicity and versatility, if you can’t find any corn cobs you can use frozen or tinned sweetcorn.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper includes a bottle of olive oil and crushed chili, a tin of olive oil and crushed chili and our new black olive tapenade with fresh chillies.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
A collection of our new product, scrumptious tapenade, made from black olives and basil, black olives and black garlic and black olives and chili.
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)