Ingredients of Spicy Tomato Soup for 2-4 people:
- 800 grams canned chopped tomatoes
- 300 grams onions, peeled and finely sliced
- 30 ml Azada Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 ½ teaspoons coriander-cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus extra if needed
- ½ bulb of garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3-inch piece ginger, minced
- 2 red birds eye chillies, minced
- A generous dollop of cream to garnish (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
Serves: 2 people (or 4 depending on the bowls)
Paleo | Gluten-free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Dairy-free
To prepare the spicy tomato soup
- In a medium saucepan, heat Azada’s Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil over medium-low heat.
- Add the onions and stir in the salt. Cook until the onions are completely translucent, for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in the minced garlic, ginger, red chillies and cook, stirring constantly, for about 2-3 minutes. Next, add the dried spices and stir for a further 1 minute.
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and vegetable stock cube. Bring to a boil. Lower the heat, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve each bowl with a heaped teaspoon of cream and enjoy with a piece of warm, crusty bread.
The spicy tomato soup can be made ahead. You can refrigerate it for 2 hours or overnight if serving cold. It lasts for up to 3-4 days if kept in the refrigerator.
500 ml (€23,90€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)
225 ml (€44,22€/ 1000ml)