- 225 grams dark chocolate chips (75% cocoa solids)
- 2 tablespoons Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Thyme
- 4 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 large eggs
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Softly whipped cream
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Gluten-free | Vegetarian | Sugar-free
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Fully line a square or rectangular tin with greaseproof paper.
- Preparing the brownie. In a small bowl, sift the cocoa powder and cornstarch and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine Azada’s Olive Oil & Thyme with the chocolate pieces and place over a saucepan of simmering water (making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Then, keeping the heat at its lowest, let the chocolate melt slowly. Once melted, remove the melted chocolate from the heat and give it a good stir until it’s smooth and glossy and allow the chocolate to cool for 2-3 minutes before stirring in the eggs.
- Then in a separate bowl, mash the bananas to a smooth pulp with a large fork and briefly whisk them into the chocolate mixture.
- Now fold in the chopped walnuts and cornstarch-cocoa mixture.
- Spoon the brownie mixture into the prepared tin, level it off with the back of the spoon and bake in the centre of the oven for approximately 25 minutes.
- Leave the brownie in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn it out onto a wire cooling rack. Serve the brownie with a generous dollop of softly whipped cream and strong espresso.
- Store in an airtight tin for up to five days.
- By taking the time to line your tin in the greaseproof paper the brownies will not crumble or fall apart as it traps moisture.