Ingredients for 12 tartlets:
- 40 ml Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
- 500 grams ercolini / blanquilla pears, peeled and cored
- 225 grams soft brown sugar
- 1 sheet ready made puff pastry (gluten-free)
Step by step hazelnut tartlets recipe:
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 6 / 400°F.
- Cut the pears into ½ inch wedges and set aside. Meanwhile, heat 20 ml of Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon. Add the pears and cook over a medium heat, until they begin to turn golden around the edges. Discard the juices and place the pears in a bowl.
- Add the sugar to a large frying pan and over a high heat melt the sugar, until it bubbles and turns amber. Pour in the remaining Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon and pears. Using a rubber spatula, coat the pears and remove from the heat.
- Spoon the pears slices into a nonstick 12-cup muffin pan and layer to form a 1-inch layer. Cut the pastry into 12 round discs and top the pears with the discs. Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes, until golden. Cool the muffin pan on a wire wrack.
- Run a spatula around the edges of the tartlets and serve pear side up with a spoonful of vanilla ice cream.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)