90g wholemeal flour
140g wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 chia egg (1tablespoon chia seeds and 3 tablespoons plant milk)
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
120g vegan chocolate drops
120g brown sugar
80ml Azada olive oil and crushed orange
300g plant based buttermilk (or plant based yogurt with plant milk)
For the topping you need:
1 cup coconut cream ( the creamy part from the coconut tin )
3 tablespoons almond butter
1/2 cup vegan butter
1/2-1 cup powdered suger
2 tablespoons cacao powder
optional 1 tablespoon raspberry fruit powder
a hand full of dark chocolate drops and dried orange peel
To prepare the muffins, follow these steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line the muffin baking tray with paper liners.
2. Thoroughly mix all of the dry ingredients in a big bowl.
3. Prepare the chia egg by mixing one tablespoon of chia seeds with 3 tablespoons of plant milk. The mixture will form a sticky, egg like consistency.
4. In a seperate bowl, mix together the chia-egg with sugar, oil and vegan buttermilk or yogurt. Mix it well so that no lumps are forming.
5. Next you can gradually add the dry ingredients into the wet ones, but take care not to overmix the dough. Lastly add the chocolate drops carefully.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to evenly spread the dough in the baking tin. Fill each muffin form to about 3/4.
7. Bake the muffins for about 20 to 25 minutes at 180 degrees celsius.
To make the cake cover, follow these steps:
Mix the butter with the powdered sugar and then add the coconut cream and mix it really well. Now add the almond butter into the mixture. Separate your icing into two bowls and add cacao powder into half of the mix and raspberry powder into the other half. Put both creams into a piping bag and decorate your muffins! Top them with dark chocolate drops and dried orange peel.