Ingredients for the vichyssoise light for two:
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 tablespoons Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil + extra
- 300 grams potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 500 ml unsalted vegetable stock
- 500 ml dairy-free milk
- ½ teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Freshly ground sea salt and black pepper
- Fresh chives/parsley to garnish (optional)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Serves: 2 people
Gluten-free | Vegan | Vegetarian | Dairy-free
Vichyssoise light recipe step by step:
- Heat the Azada’s Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large saucepan and add the bay leaves, leeks, shallots, and potatoes.
- Season with freshly ground salt and black pepper and cover.
- Cook gently until the leeks have softened but not browned, stirring occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the base of the saucepan.
- Add the stock, milk and vinegar, season (if required) and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 minutes.
- The soup may look a little curdled but will become smooth when blended.
- Leave to cool for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves and purée the soup in a food processor until well blended.
- Chill for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Ladle into bowls and drizzle with Azada’s Azada Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a sprinkling of herbs.
If you prefer a silky smooth soup, push it through a fine strainer. You can also substitute the dairy-free milk for dairy-free cream if you want a heavier consistency.
500 ml (€23,90€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)
225 ml (€44,22€/ 1000ml)