Apple Filling Ingredients:
- 900 grams apples, peeled and sliced ½ cm pieces
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 3 teaspoons balsamic/apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon
- 95 grams plain flour (gluten-free equivalent)
- 30 grams rolled oats (gluten-free equivalent)
- 35 grams ground almonds
- 100 grams coconut sugar
- ¾ teaspoon each ground cinnamon and ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 45 grams sliced almonds/finely chopped hazelnuts
- 50 grams butter, diced
- Icing sugar for dusting
- Warm custard, cream or ice cream
Preparation time 20 minutes
Cooking time 25-30 minutes
Serves 4-6 people
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- Preheat the oven to 170˚C.
- Making the crumble. Combine the flour, rolled oats, ground almonds, coconut sugar and spices in a bowl. Rub the butter in with your fingertips to form coarse crumbs. Add the almonds/hazelnuts and mix well then chill until ready to bake.
- Preparing the filling. Put the apples, caster sugar, Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Lemon and cornflour in a bowl and toss to combine. Add the balsamic/apple cider vinegar and toss again. Set aside for 15 minutes, stirring often (this allows the flavours to combine and release their juices). Divide the filling between ramekins with all the juices and place spoonfuls of the crumble on top, leaving some of the fruit uncovered. Place on a baking tray and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the filling is bubbling and the crumble is deliciously golden.
- When ready to serve, place each ramekin on a plate and dust with icing sugar and a generous serving of warm custard.
- If you want to add additional fruit, only use 500 grams of apple and add 400 grams of frozen berries/rhubarb/bananas.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)