- 6 large egg whites
- 300 grams caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter for greasing
- 2 tablespoons dark berry jam (blueberry/blackberry/fruits of the forest)
- 1 teaspoon Azada Olive Oil & Lemon
- 125 grams blueberries
- 150 grams blackberries or 125 grams redcurrants
- 250 grams mascarpone cream, softly whipped
- 150 grams strawberries (quartered) or 125 grams raspberries
- 125 grams pomegranate seeds
- 100 grams roughly chopped pistachios, peeled
Preparation time 30 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour 30 minutes + a couple of hours resting time
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- Draw a 20cm-diameter circle on a sheet of greaseproof paper. Grease the paper with a little butter and turn the paper over and place on a flat baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 120°C (conventional) or 100°C (fan).
- Preparing the pavlova. Whisk the egg whites to soft peaks, then gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Whisk until thick and glossy and the sugar is dissolved and they form stiff peaks (it’s important not to over-whisk the egg whites because they will start to collapse).
- Sift in the cornflour and add the lemon juice and vanilla. Using a large metal spoon, carefully fold them into the meringue. Then spoon the meringue into the centre of the circle on the baking tray. Using the back of the spoon, slowly spread the meringue mixture to the edge of the circle, building up the sides and swirling the top, while keeping it as high as possible.
- Bake for 1½ hours. The pavlova will expand and colour slightly (don’t worry if there are a few little cracks). Turn off the heat and leave the pavlova in the oven, until the oven is completely cold (about an hour or two).
- Meanwhile, put the jam, Azada’s Olive Oil & Lemon and 1 tablespoon of water in a non-stick saucepan and warm through on medium heat until bubbling. Add the blueberries and blackberries/redcurrants and stir to coat well so they are glossy. Cool.
- To assemble: Gently dollop the mascarpone cream over the pavlova and spoon on the jammy-berries, strawberries/raspberries, pomegranate seeds and pistachios.
- A useful tip, you can use the tip of a skewer to make little swirls in the meringue if you can’t with a spoon. Also in the winter, this pavlova works really well with passion fruit.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)