- 50 ml Azada Olive Oil & Orange
- 5-6 hot cross buns/brioche/milk bread/suizo/viena (gluten-free equivalent)
- 170 grams apricot/marmalade jam
- 300 ml milk
- 250 ml cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 115 grams caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- The zest of 1 orange
- Vanilla ice cream or vanilla cream, to serve
Preparation time 40 minutes
Cooking time 40 minutes
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- Grease a 24cm ovenproof baking with a little of the Azada’s Olive Oil & Orange.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (conventional 160°C (fan).
- Preparing the pudding. Drizzle the remaining Olive Oil & Orange on the open side of each bun half. Loosely arrange the bun in the dish, leaving the edges to poke up to go crispy. Place generous dollops of the jam over the top and set aside.
- Meanwhile, whisk the milk, cream, eggs, egg yolks, caster sugar, vanilla extract and orange zest together until the sugar is completely dissolved. Pour the custard like mixture over the buns and let it soak in for half an hour.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, or until the custard is set and the edges are golden and crispy. Rest for 5 minutes and serve with a spoonful of ice cream or cream.
- This recipe is also super with 2 cheeky tablespoons of Cointreau or another orange liqueur, which can be added when you whisk the wet ingredients.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
225 ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)