- 50 grams salted butter
- 2 tablespoons Azada Olive Oil & Crushed Garlic
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 waxy/sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 litres good-quality vegetable stock
- The zest of 1 lemon
- The juice of 2 lemons
- ½ cup flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 150 grams baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Finely ground sea salt and black pepper
- A generous spoonful of sour cream per serving and 2–3 soft-boiled free-range eggs
Preparation time 15-20 minutes
Cooking time 1 hour
Serves 4-6 people
Gluten-free | Vegetarian
- Making the soup. Melt the butter and Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Garlic oil in a large cast-iron saucepan and once warm add the onion, dijon mustard, potatoes, leek, bay leaf and a splash of water. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring and scraping occasionally to prevent the vegetables from sticking to the base. Add the stock and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a gentle simmer.
- Next, add the lemon zest and juice, and simmer for 20–30 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and fluffy. Add the herbs and spinach and simmer for 5 minutes. Season to taste.
- To serve: Ladle the soup into hearty bowls and top each with a generous dollop of sour cream and half a soft-boiled egg. Season with a pinch of sea salt if required.
- This light, fresh soup is great as a light weekday meal when served with the garlicky bruschetta. Heat Azada’s Olive Oil & Crushed Garlic in a large sauté pan, add freshly diced parsley and toss together. Season with sea salt, black pepper and a sprinkle of chilli flakes. Spoon the mixture, over the grilled bread.
100 ml (€65,00€/ 1000ml)
This hamper showcases our most fantastic flavoured olive oils and our classic extra virgin olive oil obtained from sweet and fruity arbequina olives.
This hamper showcases our most fantastic organic flavoured olive oils including our olive oil crushed with fresh chillis, olive oil crushed with fresh garlic, olive oil crushed with fresh lemon and olive oil crushed with fresh basil
A collection of our new product, scrumptious tapenade, made from black olives and basil, black olives and black garlic and black olives and chili.
225ml (€46,67€/ 1000ml)