the best boiling times to boil an egg perfectly
Publicado el 17 de May
Eggs are always welcome to our table. Follow our team’s definitive guide to cooking them for Asain soup bowls, salads, broths, sandwiches and everything else in between. An important note to remember is that in order for these cooking times to be accurate, the water needs to be gently boiling before you add your eggs. So, why not follow the best cooking method on how to boil eggs to create the perfect soft boiled to hard boiled egg every single time! (No fuss required!)
Azada’s Guide to Boiling Eggs:
- 5 minutes: softly set egg white with a runny yolk – perfect for dipping soldiers or grilled asparagus into.
- 6 minutes: liquid yolk – a little less runny but yummy in a ‘Salade Niçoise’.
- 7 minutes: almost set – deliciously sticky and ideal in an egg-topped Asain noodle soup.
- 8 minutes: softly set – heavenly if you want to make a Scotch egg.
- 10 minutes: the classic hard-boiled egg – fabulous in a curried egg mayonnaise sandwich or salad wrap.
Once your egg timer goes off, carefully scoop the eggs out of the pan and put them in a bowl of cold water and peel them straight away to prevent the egg coming off with the shell (and to prevent them cooking any further).
Now that you know how to beautifully boil eggs, put your skill to good use and whip up some of our recipes: